This feature has been implemented in release 1.4.0
Mass update field values of multiple records
This feature would allow you to perform mass updates of your data.
You would first select record type, for example products. Optionally you could define conditions to select only a subset of records for update, for example only products from given category, or created by specific manufacturer.
Then you would define what fields to change and how, for example:
- increase base price by $10
- decrease base price by 20%
- replace string ‘mispelled’ for ‘misspelled’ in descriptions
- set default category
- remove tag
- assign category
Once mass update is prepared it can be executed by single click. All matching records will be updated. You can, of course, save Mass update definition and run it again later. Or schedule it to run on regular basis - for example to autogenerate missing product reference id.
The primary use case is to easily update multiple records:
- globally adjust prices
- assign products to category
- assign tags
- set price impact of combinations
It’s also ideal tool to ensure data consistency:
- find and update common misspelled words
- ensure your products have